The Wellness Council of Maine is pleased to announce that it has partnered with the National Wellness Institute to provide quality online resources in order to help our members promote and advance wellness in businesses and organizations throughout Maine.
Since 2001, Sebasticook Valley Health (SVH) in Pittsfield has actively participated in workplace wellness initiatives to help employees avoid or live with health issues that have been problems in the larger community for years: heart disease, obesity (and type 2 diabetes), and sedentary lifestyles. Over those years....Read more
WLCME Member Company Featured in
"You don’t need to spend a lot of money on these programs," says Dan Dauphinee, the operations manager at Northeastern Log Homes, a manufacturer of log homes based in Kenduskeag, Maine...
The Wellness Council of Maine works to advance and promote good health among employees statewide. We represent an innovative approach to hold the line on healthcare costs at their origin, specifically the unhealthy lifestyles of employees and their families. We strive to assist communities throughout Maine to become healthier by consulting with companies to develop and improve their worksite wellness programs, educating companies in the Well Workplace model, and recognizing companies who achieve excellence in employee health promotion.
- A healthy workforce is essential to Maine's continued growth and prosperity
- Much of the illness in Maine is directly preventable
- Healthcare costs are an issue of significant concern
- The worksite is an ideal setting to address health and well-being
- Workplace wellness programs can transform corporate culture and can change lives
Why Workplace Wellness?
- Increased Productivity
- Improved Morale
- Reduced Turnover
- Increased Recruitment Potential
- Decreased Absenteeism and Presenteeism
- Health Care Cost Containment
- Improved Employee Health Status