Building a Well Workplace: Why Health Promotion Makes Good Business Sense
- Although we spend more dollars on health care than any other industrialized nation, our citizens are not the world's healthiest.
- Much of the illness in the US is directly preventable (70% from behavioral choices and actions)
- Healthcare costs are an issue of significant concern.
- The worksite is an ideal setting to address health and well-being.
- Recent empirical research validates that health promotion programs can improve health, save money and even produce a return on investment.
- More and more companies are building world-class wellness programs.
How can a Wellness Council membership help?
- Easy access to valuable health publications: Health Promotion Practitioner, Wellness News You Can Use, Wellness Management and International Wellness Connection
- Monthly webinars and archived "on demand" webinars
- An interactive research database
- "Making Wellness Work for You" behavior change guide
- Archived and updated podcasts
- Wellness certification programs
- Member networking tools, groups and forums
- Valuable discounts
- Annual networking conference events
- The Workplace Wellness Leadership Symposium
- The Small Business Worksite Wellness Conference
- Guidance and consultation for your wellness coordinator