National Wellness Institute
Quality online resources to advance wellness in your workplace
Local attention, support and guidance to ensure your wellness goals
Statewide events, networking and recognition to connect you to the world of wellness
By purchasing a Wellness Council of Maine membership, you automatically gain access to the online benefits and resources of the National Wellness Institute at no extra cost.
Among NWI's benefits you can take advantage of are:
- Live monthly webinars and archived on demand webinars
- Access to a variety of regularly updated and archived publications and resources, including "Wellness News You Can Use," "International Wellness Connection," "Wellness Management," and "Health Promotion Practitioner."
- Wellness certification programs.
- An extensive and customizable social networking platform.
- Discounts to the National Wellness Conference, TestWell, Whole Person Associates resources and New Harbinger Publications resources.
In addition, you get the benefits of your local Wellness Council, which include:
- Local networking and conference events such as the Wellness Symposium and Small Business Workplace Wellness Conference. These help to increase your knowledge on workplace health and wellness, learn new techniques and practices to take back to your business, and network with other members to share ideas, best practices and make connections.
- Guidance and consultation from the WLCME Executive Director to help you advance your wellness program.
- A monthly WLCME newsletter to help you stay on top of trends, programming, resources and networking opportunities.
A national nonprofit founded in 1977, the National Wellness Institute (NWI) was formed to realize the mission of providing health promotion and wellness professionals unparalleled resources and services that fuel professional and personal growth. NWI is well known and respected for its annual National Wellness Conference in Stevens Point, WI, and was one of the first in the country to encourage the wellness movement. They are committed to WLCME's mission and have the tools and resources to help drive good health among employees in Maine.
NWI is led by Executive Director Matt Lund, who has stated that "The National Wellness Institute is pleased to partner with the Wellness Council of Maine and organizations and individuals on any level to promote wellness education. Through this partnership, we will be able to strengthen the wellness community using NWI's many member resources and networking tools."
Click below for more details on: